Sunday, August 12, 2012

Dinner with friends...

Some C-Dory friends stopped by today - my buddy, Casey, and a friend I've corresponded with but hadn't met, Jim, from Florida.  While the three of us were talking, along came Bob and Betsy, more C-Dory folks that we cruised with the last time we were up here.

Joan was already at work, and I had to go in shortly after the visit, but we made tentative plans for the 6 of us to go out for supper... if I didn't have an evening trip.

For the afternoon trip, we ran north into Canadian water and saw a good number of J-Pod, including the new baby.  There were other Orcas the other direction that might have been a bit closer, but I knew the guests would enjoy seeing the newborn.

I had to laugh when the last two guys got on the boat... with their accents and loud talking, it sounded like they were doing the Steve Martin and Dan Akroid routine of "two WILD and CRAZY guys!!" from Saturday Night Live.  Nope, it wasn't a routine... just two guys with American girlfriends (fill in your own lines from the skit here).  As far as I could tell, they were from Dumbassastan.

The extra running was worth the effort; everyone on the boat really enjoyed seeing the whales.  I got back and found out I didn't have an evening trip, but I have an early charter.  We took the boat to the fuel dock and topped it off.  Turns out I have two private charters tomorrow, so the timing was good getting the fuel taken care of this evening.

Then, after getting home (well, to the boat), getting Isabella supper, and waiting for Joan to get home, we went out for supper with Casey, Jim, Bob, and Betsy.  Good conversation, good food (I was really in the mood for a steak), and then the short walk over to the ice cream shop.  Nice way to set off a great evening.

Back to the boats for everyone, and an early start to the day tomorrow for us.


No comments: