Friday, August 24, 2012

How cool is this!!?

Yep, it was a "Monday on a Friday"... we had one of those rare days where we couldn't find a whale to save our souls.  Oh, we worked hard at it... no Orca reports, no Minke sightings... no whales anywhere.  I think I talked to about 25 other captains all around the area, and no one had whales.

Frankly, the naturalist onboard did a great job with keeping the guests entertained and informed.  I had to chuckle a few times, listening to her.  We had guests who were understanding, fortunately.  At the end of the ride, I let them know that we were sorry they didn't get to see any kind of whale, but it wasn't from lack of trying.  They still thanked us for a great time as they got off the boat.

Back in the office, there was a package waiting for me.  A friend from the NuWa forum had asked our address here.  He is from the area near where we used to live in the Black Hills... I didn't know what to expect, but thought it might have something to do with James Photography.  I was wrong.

When I opened the package, I found this...


How cool is that?!  It is a bag that has our boat name on it AND kitty paw prints!  It can be used as a carrying bag OR worn as a light backpack.  Thank you, Don - we are very appreciative of your thoughtfulness!

Of course, little Izzy was very curious... and she fits in the bag, too!


Sure makes that "Monday on a Friday" end on a very nice note! :-)


No comments: