Wednesday, August 8, 2012

I met a friend today...

Have you said to your kids, "You have to be careful of meeting people on the internet"?  Today, I met a very nice gentleman and his wife - Earl and I have been trading posts for years on the Trailersailor Forum, but this is the first time we've met face-to-face.  Earl and Suzanne rode with us on the whale watch boat today.

I was really hoping we'd get a great Orca viewing today, but it wasn't to be.  The Orcas report I got, put them almost to the Pacific Ocean and heading west... no way could we get to them.  We went south and found a couple fast-moving Minke whales south of San Juan and Lopez Islands.  Other interesting wildlife, as well; including a bunch of Stellar Sea Lions in and around Whale Rocks.  The day started out overcast and cool, but turned beautiful while we were out on the water... the Strait of Juan de Fuca was as calm as I've seen in quite a while.  It was a great day on the water.

When we got back to the dock, Earl and Suzanne waited while I got the boat put away, and then got a tour of Wild Blue.  Joan was working with a guest on the phone when I left, but made it back to the boat in time to meet Earl and Suzanne.


Earl would be the taller guy on the left. ;-)

Last week, I had a chuckle when I got on the boat - there was a sign next to the horn I installed...


Today, I finally got a photo of it.  I love my horn.  I use my horn... every time I leave the dock, I give a long blast.  (There are a lot of little boats that run in and out of that area without looking.)  In the fog, it is nice to have a horn that doesn't depend on compressed air.  And, there has been fog here.  ;-)  And I'm OK that the folks in our office have a sense of humor. :-D

Day off tomorrow!  With the extra hours I've been putting in, I'm ready. :-)


1 comment:

andwilliesaid said...

I bet your horn is loud!

Willie