Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Work, work, work...

No, not really.  Most weeks, I put in around 25 hours.  Joan brought home the schedule for the next couple weeks... seems I will be putting in a couple 6 day weeks.  One of our naturalists will be gone for 10 days.  Early on, I made the mistake of saying, "I'll fill in wherever you need me..."  It's probably too late to tell 'em I was just kidding when I said that. ;-)  Some days, I'll be driving a boat one shift, then working as a guide the next.  One day each week, no driving, just talking.  And by then, things may begin to ease up.

Looking ahead, I have a couple water taxi trips and a couple charters, besides the daily whale watch trips.  Variety is good.

Today is August 1st; about a month to go with the jobs.  Joan has today and tomorrow off (it's rare that I get two days in a row).  She asked if we could do a day trip "anywhere" tomorrow.

"Absolutely.  I would look forward to some slow, quiet cruising.  And just looking at the pretty scenery.  Sounds great."

Talk about a busman's ... um, boatman's holiday.  :-)

For now, Joan is about to put a skillet breakfast on the table - something to stick to my ribs before I head off to work.  High today: 66º, mostly sunny, wind S @ 8.  Nice.


No comments: