Saturday, December 29, 2012

Your credential has been issued...

Sounds pretty official, huh?  I got word from the National Maritime Center that my paperwork, medical, and sea time have all been reviewed and my Merchant Marine Document (Captain's License) has been renewed.

I started the process earlier this month.  While that may sound like a long time, it is actually faster than the process has gone in years past.  And something new this time around: at each step in the process, I got an e-mail informing me.  I was pretty impressed with that.  Instead of waiting and wondering how long it would be, they now keep you in the loop.

I even got an e-mail from them 3 months before my renewal date to let me know it was coming up.  An improvement in government efficiency - refreshing!

I was told when to expect the renewed license in the mail... I wonder if the USPS will be as efficient? ;-)


No comments: