Friday, May 24, 2013

Like the first day of school...


 Joan's first day in the office today.  She is very organized: has lunches made and clothes laid out.  With the new owner, she will have a different system to learn, but already knows the logistics of booking guests; with ferry timing, flying up from Seattle on Kenmore Air, etc.

My first day, too; but I will be going over the boat, not with guests.  I've done this enough to know to be prepared for things to change.

She goes in an hour before me... it means I get to wipe down the shower. ;-)

-------------------------

On edit: Perspective.  I called our daughter this morning... it's their last day of school.  She loves those kids, but you can hear the excitement in her voice.  A wrap-up for them, just getting started for us.

Happy Summer Break, Steph and Dan!!

For those who know Steph and Dan, it was a hard-fought battle for the Kick Ball Tournament.  It came down to Steph's class vs Dan's class.  We try not to play favorites in this situation, but ... proud to say: Mrs. B's class was victorious!

There was some grumbling from the other side... some accusations of performance-enhancement drugs possibly being used.  Demands for a pee test.

Side note: my pee test came back perfect.  Good thing - I stayed up all night studying for it. ;-)

------------------------

Off to work...







4 comments:

Lost Petrel said...

Here's hoping you and Joan have a great "First Day" and Steph and Dan a great summer break.

Bud said...

Sounds like all of you are looking forward to a summer of fun!

Dave Gibson said...

Seriously? Based on your lifestyle, I was sure you're on drugs. ;D

I'll bet it feels good to be back.

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Thanks, Tim & Bud - we are looking forward to another interesting summer.

And Dave - I am high on life! These summer jobs are Joan's idea, but I spent part of the day wrenching and part of the day driving, breaking in a 1st mate, plus driving for the new boss. It felt good to be part of the team again. Plus, he told me to come back tomorrow, so I guess I did OK. ;-)