Monday, May 20, 2013

Pee in cup...

No, nothing to do with the latest cleansing diet.  I was asked to come into the office today.  Since we haven't started work, yet, I assumed it was for a drug screen.

Yep, they made me an appointment at the new clinic.

A pre-employment screening has been required on every boat job I've had.  I don't call it a "drug test" anymore, 'cause you don't have to study for it. ;-)

The new clinic/hospital in Friday Harbor is very nice; beautiful decor.  And a big plus: it didn't smell like a hospital.  I know I will have no issue with the drug screen... but, being an "older guy," the concern is going on demand.  I "hydrated."  By the time I was called into the lab, I had to urge the very nice young lady who was doing the paperwork: "You might want to write faster.  I am an over-achiever, and I can fill 3 or 4 of those cups... but not sure how much longer I can hold it."

I did my business, gave her the cup, initialed the vials she poured it into... and my work for the day was done.

The Memorial Day Weekend is shaping up to be busy.  We may be starting early, again.


No comments: