Monday, May 13, 2013

Training and the short straw...

The rain stopped this evening, but the temp is cold.  I took the dry opportunity to run garbage to the dumpsters on the main pier.  Stepping out of the boat, I saw a bunch of guys in fire-fighting gear and helmets...


There was a fire truck up by the marina office.  Nothing is burning, but this is a training exercise with the fire department and the sheriff's office... how to recover someone from the water...


When recovering someone from the water, the implication is: someone has to be IN the water.  I'm guessing this guy drew the short straw...


Yes, he's in a dry suit.  Still, that water is COLD.  The air temp is cold.  The wind has a sharp bite to it.  Brrrrrrrrr!!!!


2 comments:

Label Me If You Wish said...

Next time WALK the garbage to the dumpster. We don't want you to become the target of a similar recovery effort. ;)

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Not to be concerned, Roger - I'll leave the RUNNING to you (my "run" was just a turn of phrase). If I go in the water here, there will be no need to rush the recovery: the shock of the cold water will kill me.