Saturday, May 18, 2013

Weather permitting...

The C-Dory gathering at Friday Harbor continues.  "Show & Tell" on the docks, and a pot-luck meal later this afternoon.  Yours truly is providing the musical entertainment for that portion... IF the weather cooperates.

It was raining this morning when we got up.  I checked The Weather Channel on the computer, Joan checked The Weather Channel App on her iPad... you'd think they'd have the same hourly forecasts, but you'd be wrong if you thought that.  We went with the computer forecast, 'cause it was better.  ;-)

Still, both were calling for rain during our meal time this afternoon.  The rain stopped around 11:00; still solid overcast, and occasional lower "fingers" on the clouds, but we have now been a couple hours without rain.

There is no cover on the dock.  I'll have to set up an amp and some effects pedals, and hope to not get rained on... 'cause there's no quick ducking inside in that situation.  And, an amp, mic, and guitar that all plug in isn't a good thing to be hooked up to in the rain.

So, we'll see if we've been living right.

I did have a few "requests" for the contract this year: no green M&Ms in my dressing room (didn't even get a dressing room, and besides, the green ones remind me of salad, and I sure don't want that stuff); the choir for my backup vocals (I might get Izzy to sing along); a sky-crane for the video crew (I haven't seen the video crew yet - at least, no truck with satellite uplink from VH1 - I'm sure they're coming); all female security and road crew (I am my own road crew, and I don't look good in a skirt... trust me, we were poor... I had to wear my sisters' hand-me-downs when I was a kid... I don't want to talk about this, it's too traumatic).  And one other simple request: re-route the Washington State Ferry, so they don't blast their horn in the middle of my performance... they've already come and gone a few times today, but I'm sure they'll send them somewhere else while I'm playing.  ;-)

If Mother Nature decides to rain down on us, it's all a moot point, anyway.


No comments: