Wednesday, January 15, 2014

How does that happen?


No, this is not "that" talk... that was a lot of years ago.

Our friends, Herb and Wilma, enjoy boating.  In fact, we have a lot of things in common.  We met them 5 or 6 years ago when they were interested in finding out more about our C-Dory (they live in the same town).  I took them for a local cruise in Wild Blue, and we became friends.  Like us, they enjoy the Pacific Northwest; maybe even more than we do (and we like it a lot).  We both left our boats up there this fall, knowing we'd be going back.  They have based themselves out of Anacortes, we're in Friday Harbor.  But, we do get to see each other occasionally, as our paths cross.

Since we've been home (October), that hasn't happened.  Well, I ran by their place on my scooter one day, but we haven't gotten together with the 4 of us.  They've been gone, we've been gone.  They've had company, we've had company.  Knowing that we're both heading out again soon, we got together today for lunch... and lots of visiting.

Sometimes everyday life gets in the way of living, and as I mentioned yesterday, "being people."  I read something on someone's tagline on one of the forums I visit: "Life is like a roll of toilet paper - the closer you get to the end, the faster it goes."

Yeah, I get that.


No comments: