Thursday, October 29, 2015

It is National Cat Day...


A day to celebrate the wonderfulness of our feline family members.  To dote on them.  Fuss over them.  Tell them how much we love 'em.

Or, as it is known in our household: everyday.

;-)

I just came across this National Cat Day stuff on the internet.  I don't think most cat owners need a special day to fawn over their felines.

I did break the news to Izzy:

"Hey, Iz - it is National Cat Day!"


"I'm cleaning my belly.  You touched it earlier... no telling where your hands have been."

"Come on, Izzy - look here!"


"Seriously - did you not hear?  I'm kinda busy right now."

"It's National Cat Day - I want to get a photo of you."

"Let me finish the detail work on this belly fur... it doesn't clean itself.  OK, fine - I'm ready for my close-up.  I think I'll go for the pensive look."


"Wait!  It has been a while since you posted a profile.  Let me appear to be looking at something more interesting than you, outside.  OK, go for it."


"Thanks - that looks good.  Happy National Cat Day!"

"Yeah.  Whatever.  Remember the extra treats with my supper."

---------------------------

For the record, that is a completely made up conversation.  Well, except the belly-cleaning part.  Little Izzy is actually very sweet.  She rarely looks at me with disdain.  We are both working on better understanding our conversations.

Happy National Cat Day!


No comments: