Friday, October 16, 2015

Tropical...


You have heard me talk about the Tropical Tip.  This part of Texas is at latitude 26, making it sub-tropical.  Yeah, we have palm trees.  Warm weather.

This morning on the local weather, the weather weasel called for "drops"...


He said, "It may be just a few drops - won't amount to much of anything."

About 10 seconds later, the sky opened up and it poured...



I thought the pounding rain in the canal would show up better than that.  Nope.


The rain lasted about 10 minutes.  Comfortable out there on the deck - the temp dropped a bit.  I'm guessing it is going to be humid when the sun comes back out.

Today is a special day.  Someone of the Blonde persuasion has a birthday.  We celebrated when we were in Phoenix and Ft. Worth, so it will be fairly low-key today.  She asked to go out for lunch to our favorite local Italian place... didn't have to twist my arm.

Happy Birthday, my dear - I love you.  I talked about "growing old" with you, but you don't seem to be aging.  Try to keep up.  ;-)


2 comments:

Bill K said...

Jim,
I hope you can duck real good after that last comment you made. LOL

Bill Kelleher

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Ah, Bill, that was a compliment - she looks way younger than I do.