Thursday, September 22, 2016

Joan is on the roof...


Stephanie will appreciate the joke.

A guy goes on vacation and asks his brother to take care of his cat.  The second day out, the guy calls his brother and asks, "How's the cat?"

The brother says, "The cat is dead."

"What??  How could you just blurt that out?"

The brother asks, "What should I have said?"

The guy says, "Well, you could have said, 'The cat is on the roof.'  Then, the next day, you could have said, "Well, we're having some trouble getting the cat off the roof.'  Then, the next day, you could have said, 'The cat fell when we tried to get her off the roof, but we took her to the vet.'  Then, the next day, you could have said, 'The vet says it doesn't look good, but he is doing all he can for the cat.'  Then, the next day, you could have said, 'The vet says the kind thing to do would be to put the cat out of her misery.'  It would have given me time to get used to the idea of the cat being gone, and it wouldn't have ruined my vacation.  Sometimes, I swear, you are so insensitive!"

The brother said, "I'm sorry.  I will learn from this."

"And well you should!  Let's change the subject - how's Mom?"

After a pause, the brother said, "Umm... Mom's on the roof."

---------------

Stephanie, your Mom is on the roof...



We did some chores this morning.  I climbed under the coach to reseal a couple of our storage compartments.  Joan got up on the ladder to clean a couple of our overhead vents.  While up there, she said, "The roof is really grubby."

I asked, "Would you like me to hand you up the stuff to clean it?"  I figured she'd say no - the exterior cleaning is my job.

She said, "Sure - I'm already up here."

I got a bucket, baby shampoo, the spare hose, and a soft bristle brush, and handed them up.

The weather weasels are predicting rain the next few days - I plan to wash the coach on Sunday, weather permitting (it is supposed to be dry).  It will be nice to have the roof done, and it doesn't matter if it rains on a clean roof.

With those jobs done, we ran into town for lunch: Philly Ted's has gone upscale with a downtown location.  The Philly sandwiches taste the same, and that's good.  We did some other running around, Joan wanted to stop at Bed, Bath, & Beyond; I was up for a stop at the local music store, Haggerty's Musicworks.  Nothing I need, but they have a very nice selection of Taylor guitars.  It has been a decade since I was in this store, and it has improved a bunch in that time.


Back to Hart Ranch.  A gray ol' day, but little Izzy wants to go for a walk.  She stalked a moth...


Where'd it go???


She is fortunate she has me to take care of her meal needs.  ;-)


No comments: