Thursday, February 8, 2018

Another day in the classroom...


Not sure, but I think Stephanie may have "snookered" us.  For those not familiar with the term, it means: "tricked, enticed, trapped."  Seems to me that we were there longer today than the previous two days this week.  Working hard to keep the kids enthused about getting their Gravity Cruisers to the "testing stage."

Some groups got movement on their cars and were able to get several test runs in.  Others... well, let's say time management and working together towards a common achievement (one of the goals of this program) are not their strong suit.

Joan worked from group to group, giving them some guidance.  I spent most of my time with test runs today - measuring results and posing questions that would lead them towards figuring out how to make improvements.  Yes, I'd like to say, "Do this and do that..." but the point of this is to get them thinking, not just implementing someone elses ideas.

Yes, I really appreciate the work our sweet daughter does.  And, the fact that she gets up the next day to do it again.  ;-) 

We had a couple of the GM volunteers today; one with our groups one with another teacher.  One told me he got sick last week after working with the kids.  My advice: "Purell is your friend - slather it on before and after!" 


No comments: