Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Looking...


Looking good?  Thanks for noticing - I do try to keep myself up.  What?  Not what you meant?  OK, nevermind.

We had breakfast out this morning.  I have looked at a couple places for cats that are available for adoption, but have tried to not pressure Joan.  It will happen when the time is right.

After breakfast, I said, "It is a beautiful day - what would you like to do?"

"I may be ready to look.  Just look."

Around this area, Petsmart has an area for cat adoptions, sponsored and run by local shelters and fostering organizations.  These are not "pets for sale," and no money goes to Petsmart - the adoption fee goes to the shelters.  I took her to one of the places I had already looked.

We looked.  No opening any pens, no touching.  No pressure.  We didn't stop there.  At the next place, we did touch; and hold.  We saw many great cats - some didn't want to be touched; some really wanted to be loved.  All really needed to be rescued.  We were looking for a connection... we had some thoughts about what we each wanted... but mostly, we were looking for a cat to pick us.  In the end, after stopping at five places, we have some wonderful candidates for the next furry family member.  Not a decision to be made lightly.  I'm guessing there will be some re-visiting.





No comments: