Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Stylin'...


This morning, Joan was feeling like Chick-fil-a for breakfast; they have little chicken bites that are quite tasty.  It was a cold start to the morning: 36º when I got up at 6:30.  Don't believe all that "hot in the desert" stuff you hear.  Bright and sunny, and only up to 40º when we went out.  In the car, Joan said, "We'll need the heat seaters this morning."  I knew what she meant: we had warm coats on, and the heated seats felt good on our backsides.  I'm good with the fact that we rarely have a need for the seat heaters.

Breakfast was good, and we made a stop at the Post Office to pick up mail on the way back.  Joan had received delivery confirmation on a package.  Inside that package...


If you can't tell what that is from the above photo... a hooded sweatshirt/harness for cats.  Seems that friend MJ didn't think Rufus's teal and black harness was "manly" enough.  For the record, he and I are secure in our masculinity.  ;-)  But, when Joan showed me this kitty-skull and cross bones, I was onboard.  It will be good for him on these chilly mornings.

Check it out...




The boy is stylin'!  I have a plain black hoodie that I'll need to wear when he and I are struttin' around the neighborhood.

;-)

----------

On edit:  We did a few walks today, wearing his new hoodie.  Still "carry and walk," but he is definitely getting a feel for the whole premise.  After the second set of walks, he needed a rest...


On our last walk, a lady out for a walk of her own, said, "You are the second person I've ever seen with a cat on a leash."  I explained that we are still in the learning process and she said, "Well, it looks like he is doing good with it."  Yep; while the lady and I visited, he sat by my feet, taking it all in.  No fuss, not afraid of new people.


No comments: