Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Guitar for sale...


What?  You're selling one instead of buying another??

Yep.  I listed it on the Acoustic Guitar Forum - it is my RainSong Shorty, the first carbon fiber guitar in my small collection.  It is a very nice guitar, but it doesn't get much play time since I discovered the Emerald line.  No problem with the Shorty, the Emeralds simply fit me better.

The Shorty I have is a Limited Edition - one of only 26 made that have the enhanced sound hole rosette and the cool sharks inlaid on the neck as fret markers...


All glossy finish, with a unidirectional carbon fiber top, hybrid carbon fiber/glass fiber back and sides for a warmer, richer sound...


The only place I listed it is in the Classified Ads in the AGF.  I specified it is for sale for the next week or so, while we're in Arizona.  I don't want to get caught shipping/returning for perspective buyers while we're on the road.  At $1,200, it is a good deal.  One of the participants on the forum called it "the deal of the day."

We'll see.  It isn't a "must sell" situation.

We got a call from Steph this morning: Torrie (the eldest of their cats) is having a "situation" again.  Dan took the day off from work so he could take her to the vet.  When he got back, he called and asked if we'd give him a hand with her medication.  She is feisty for an old gal.  When we got there, Dan held her while I gave her the oral liquid.  There was some growling and snarling... and Torrie was a bit pissy, too.  ;-)  Mostly kidding - she did snap at Dan, and she wasn't happy that Grandpa was forcing something on her, but she did fine.  When we were done, she let me pet her and didn't seem to hold a grudge.

Rufus has a vet visit scheduled today, also.  Joan takes care of the "back end," and thought she may have seen something in his stool.  TMI?  Then you really don't want to hear about "saving" his big ol' cat shit.  He did fine with his first visit to the vet, but he was happy to see everybody at that time and be out of that cage - it was our first day with him.

Update will be coming.

----------

And, the update: the vet didn't find any parasite in Rufus's poop, but gave us the choice to send it off for further examination.  Just in case, she gave us (not literally "gave") us a broad-spectrum topical prescription (one application is all it takes) to put on him at home.  She looked him over thoroughly and said he is a healthy cat.  He has gained just over a pound since we got him... and suggested he could probably be fine with a bit less food.





She took the bag o' poop in back to examine it.  That bag is in the top photo - yeah, the large bag on top of the carrier.  When she came back, I had to ask... (insert Joan cringe here) "Did you notice that he... umm... that his... ummm... well, it seems to me that he craps BIG."

She laughed and said, "One of the techs back there asked if that was dog poop.  'No, it is cat poop.'  'That's huge!'  Yeah, it is quite large."

I knew it!  When Joan first scooped it, she said, "Oh my God - this is huge!"

I chuckled when she called me to look (you know you've been married a long time)... I said, "Did you get a pony you didn't tell me about?"

OK, now Rufus said, "TMI - enough!"

--------

An update to the update:

The vet told us the stool sample would go out to the lab around 5:00 this afternoon.  For the first time ever, Rufus decided to take a crap in the daylight... 4:00 to be exact.  I called the vet while Joan examined the... umm... "sample"... and asked if the poop sample we brought in had gone out yet.  The receptionist checked and said, "Not yet, do you have a fresh poop?"

"Hot out of the oven!  I'll be there in 10 minutes."

When I got to the vet, she had a plastic bag waiting... "Yeah, even though this is only a small part of it, you're going to need a bigger bag."  ;-)

She said, "I'll take it in back and let the techs deal with it."

"That's what I'd do."

I stopped at Steph and Dan's on the way home, to check on their little furry girl.  She seems to be doing OK.

Then, back home.  Joan was working on sewing a kick toy in the shape of a fish for Rufus...




He loves it!  Joan put a little pouch in it that holds catnip.  I think the boy is stoned...




3 comments:

Hudson River Boater said...

I'm not a Guitar Person but I am a Cat Person-- It is amazing what can come out of a Cat..

Our Cat came from a Tag Sale-- Free.. That was about 10 Years ago-- We brought him to the Vet. when we got him and he was Deemed Healthy.. Our Mobile Vet. was recently here for one of our Dogs "Just a Checkup-- All is well"-- I brought Garrity our Cat out for a Checkup too.. The Vet. said he's about 18 Years old and the Vet. drew some Blood-- All is well.. Garity will be with us for many more Years.. My last Cat lived about 25 Years-- Had her since she was less than a Month old.. Had to Bottle feed her when I first got her..

Keep up Blog'n-- Makes my Morning Coffee better..

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi HRB - good to hear the furry ones are doing well. Our first cat (Smoke) made it to almost 22. Pretty sure we bought that first motorhome so that cat could travel with us. It remains to be seen what kind of a traveler Rufus will be.

There is a mobile vet that services the area around our home in Texas. Our regular vet is only a mile away from our house there, so we haven't felt the need to use the mobile folks. The vet here in AZ is just over 2 miles away.

Interestingly enough, I have no idea where the nearest emergency room for people might be. ;-)

Give those healthy furry ones a belly rub from us.

Hudson River Boater said...

Let's hope you "People" Will not be needing a Emergency Room anytime soon-- Or anyone else in your Family..