Thursday, October 15, 2009

Crash follow-up

After discussing (and a bit stronger than that) with both insurance companies, I think we have this worked out. We're not going to repair the truck in this area, but will get it done at our convenience. Unfortunately, both insurance companies had people down the "chain" who gave us less than accurate info that had to be RE-discussed further up the chain. They wasted hours of my time... and I have to say that I'm generally a pretty easy-going guy... to a point. I had to say to one rep, "My time was expensive when I was working... it is PRICELESS now that I'm retired. You don't want to waste any more of my time or I will make it my life's work to make your job a living hell. Shall we all get on the same page now?" angry

It shouldn't be necessary to bring in "supervisors" on each side to get a relatively minor incident taken care of. The guy who caused the accident admitted that it was his wrong-doing... that took care of much of the problem. Now, we just need to all come together that the truck needs to be brought back to what it was before the accident. I think we're on the road to that.

We appreciate the well-wishes.
Jim & Joan

No comments: