Monday, July 19, 2010

Ya say it's your birthday...

Sunday, July 18th...


It was a long working day today. But, a truly beautiful day: sunny, a bit of breeze, a few puffy white clouds, almost no humidity, and a high around 80ยบ. We had some friends from Port Isabel, Herb and Wilma, on the breakfast cruise this morning - a real treat. My first mates had the passengers on the rest of the cruises today sing "Happy Birthday" to me. When I got off the boat after my last cruise this evening, one of the guys on the dock greeted me with a cake. Everyone on the marina staff signed a card that one of the girls made... "Happy 106th Birthday, Jim!" I'm sure I look that age to a couple of my young first mates.

While it's only the second time in the past twenty years or so that I had to work on my birthday, it was a darn nice day. We did "birthday stuff" on Thursday (day off), since we knew we'd be working: a float trip on the Snake River, some motorcycling, and a very nice meal at the Mural Room at Jackson Lake Lodge (fancy-eatin' food with ritzy service).

After putting in a 13 hour day today, I'm going to have a piece of cake and go to bed.

I appreciate the nice birthday greetings.

No comments: