Monday, June 27, 2011

Blue shirt day...

That's how I approach them: when I'm driving the cruise boat, I'm wearing a white shirt/uniform. On my "blue shirt" days, I'm doing mechanic or general fix-it work. Today was a blue shirt day. When I got there, I had to go through the fishing boat we just got back to make sure everything was ready to go... one of the downriggers was being a pain, and I had to track down the electrical gremlins. In the middle of that, I got a call that they needed some help on the dock... and promptly fell getting out of one of our small rental boats. Fortunately, I fell on the dock and was able to break the fall with my head. Well, I did get some style points for partially landing on a throwable flotation cushion. ;-) It seemed like the rest of the day was one of those "dealing with situations" days. Dead batteries, broken dock, a busted sewer line (not ours, but it did create a problem getting in and out of the ramp area). Excrement occurs. Literally.

On the bright side, tomorrow is a "white shirt" day. ;-)

No comments: