Thursday, April 7, 2011

I could use some positive energy...

We got the call in the middle of the night that no one wants... my Mother has had a stroke. Yes, that would be the same lady who celebrated her 90th birthday just over a week ago. I am back at the airport, ready to board again. Somehow the TSA stuff seems less significant this morning.

I spoke with the doctor who treated her in the ER and the nurse at the Stroke Center... not encouraging news. My Mother spent 6 months in a bedside vigil, watching her sister whither away years ago. Being in a similar situation is her worst fear.

If you have the time today, a positive thought, a prayer, whatever works for you, sent out to Nellie would be greatly appreciated. I hold her medical power of attorney, have discussed this before hand with her, and have communicated her wishes to the medicos. I had to give her some "tough love" to get her out of the nursing home a few months ago when she fell and broke her pelvis. "Toughing this one out" isn't an option.

------------------------

On edit:

My last flight into SUX is delayed over an hour. The young lady at the counter can't say why, or even if the flight will go out. I've been calling between flights for updates. I am told a slight improvement... and anxious to get there to assess the situation in person.

No comments: