Friday, April 29, 2011

Close...

I checked all the lines and tanks - all seems to be sound and dry. I've sanitized the fresh water tank and all the lines, flushed with fresh, the water is good to go.

We have about 3,000 pounds of useful load, and it feels like I carried at least that much to the coach. Roll Eyes Joan is the most incredible organizer... I am just the pack mule. The coach swallowed up everything we carried in, with Joan carefully putting things away as I brought them. If the house would sell, we could eliminate all this loading and unloading effort. We know how to travel light - the boat has less storage space than the HH. Joan said something that did influence what we took: this hurricane season is supposed to be significantly more active than last year - "Take anything you can't live without."

The house is nearly closed down. Nothing can be left outside (could become a missle during a hurricane); most of the hurricane shutters are closed. I need to use the jacuzzi tub another time or two before we head out. We'll be in the coach tonight; will do some last minute stuff tomorrow and probably roll on Sunday. It's nice to spend a night or two by the house to make sure we haven't forgotten anything.

Little Izzy has been staying close by her carrier - with all the activity, she knows we're about to head out again. smiley

I was just informed that all the ice cream will not fit in the freezer in the coach... looks like I will have to sacrifice my boyish figure to make sure it doesn't go to waste (waist?). grin

No comments: