Tuesday, June 19, 2012

I can't believe I get paid for this...

OK, there are days where whatever I make isn't enough.  Today was not one of those days.  It was partly cloudy as I walked to work, breaking off to OMG beautiful by the time we were ready to shove off.  The whales, and there were plenty of whales, were only 40 minutes away.  And active.  South of Lopez Island, and the water was calm.  Beautiful views all around... and whales all around.  We were able to shut down and watch from both sides of the boat!

On the way to the whales, we saw some harbor porpoise and seals... and the guests were excited about that.  I was looking forward to seeing the reactions when we got to the whales... yep, lots of ooohhhs and aaahhhhs and cameras clicking!

And, did I mention: sunshine?  As in: I had to put on sunscreen.  And, it was good.


No comments: