Monday, June 4, 2012

Like brand new!

Last week, I mentioned that someone on our boat (and I won't mention his name) spilled hot chocolate onto his... um, my, MacBook Pro.  The good news is, ol' Mackie is back (Mac the Knife song reference for those of you old enough to know the song).  The better news: it looks and runs like brand new.  The best news: no loss of data.  The incredible news: I called Apple on Tuesday, received a return shipping box from them on Wednesday, they received the computer on Thursday, and had it on its way back to me on Friday.  If I had managed to be a klutz one day earlier, it could have all been done in just under 5 days.  Even throwing a weekend in there, that is very impressive repair and customer service.  Had we not been on an island and closer to an Apple Store, the turn around would have been even faster.

The one other time I needed Apple repair, it was the same.  Granted, I paid for that service, but I couldn't be more pleased with the speed, care, and service.

Joan called me from work to let me know the computer arrived.  No work for me today, a drizzly day; a decent passenger count for one boat, but not two.  To be expected early in the season.

So, I will spend the afternoon working up photos and surfing.  It's good to be back! :-)

--------------------------------------

On edit: I picked up the computer, but before heading home, I walked some late arriving passengers to the boat.  Like a kid at Christmas, I couldn't wait to get the computer back to the boat and check it out.  While checking it out, a guy walked up to the boat; I could tell he was going to stop... so, I met my new friend Jim, who has just ordered a brand new C-Dory 22!  How exciting!  I invited Jim onboard and we visited for a while.  He was excited, too, getting to see how these boats hold up after some miles on 'em.  I invited him to check out the C-Brats - so much good info about C-Dorys there.

Jim had to catch the ferry (he has a place on Lopez Island), so when he left, I went back to the computer.  I added some photos that have been in the camera a while, posted a few on previous posts, and now can add what we've all been waiting for: Izzy images...


Here, she is fascinated by the rain as it runs down the window.  And below, sitting out in the "lanai" protected by the camperback...


She and I are bonding again today, while Joan is at work.  The rain has stopped, it is quiet on the docks, but I don't think Izzy is going to want to go for a walk today - it is pretty chilly out.


No comments: