Saturday, July 7, 2012

A day off for me...

Joan had to work.  I did my "house husband" chores around the boat (boat husband?) and still had plenty of time to visit with our friend, Tom (the guy who gave us our first ride on a C-Dory) and some of our neighbors.  Oh, and some guitar time in the cockpit.  And kitty bonding.  I did make a walk up town to bring donuts to the office staff who had come in early (and one for myself, too).

Speaking of kitty, when Tom came by our boat, he had his dog, Shadow, with him.  Shadow has a good personality, but is stoutly built and could be intimidating.  Little Izzy was not happy that this 4-legged intruder was anywhere near her boat.  She puffed herself up, and when I shooed her back into the cabin, she came back out and stood by the coaming.  Either she doesn't know how to pick her battles, or she thinks that I will make sure the dogs don't get close.

Joan had a good day at work - she filled boats and booked me a private charter for tomorrow.  She has to go in early tomorrow, and I guess she wanted to make sure I stay busy, too. ;-)

Another beautiful day in the San Juan Islands - plenty of sunshine, temps in the low 70s, lots of boats and people moving about.

No comments: