Friday, July 13, 2012

Friday the 13th...

No, I'm not superstitious... I think bad stuff can happen to you at any time. ;-)

Take yesterday, for example.  You know we are "cat people."  Our little furry girl is very much a part of our family, just as the two previous Feline-Americans were.  It wasn't always that way - before Smoke the cat became a part of the family, we had dogs.  Now, with 30 years of cat companionship, I can say: cats are easier.  We walk our cat on a leash (when she feels like it), but it isn't necessary to carry a "poop bag" while we walk... Izzy has her own private bathroom... you are more likely to crap outside than she would be.

We were unloading some stuff from the truck after our outing yesterday.  I parked the truck as close to the ramp as I could find, in a 2 hour parking spot; a grassy area behind the truck.  I went to the back to open the tanneau cover.  Hmmm, something doesn't smell right.  It wasn't coming from the truck, it was coming from the dog shit that I stepped in... with both shoes!  I said to Joan, "I hate dogs."

She said, "Don't hate the dogs; hate the owners who don't pick up after their dogs."  (And, we see plenty of that around here.)  Plus, my dear ol' Mother taught me, when I was young, "Hate is a very strong word."

"OK, I really dislike irresponsible dog owners who don't pick up after their dog.  Do you have any idea how hard it is to get dog shit out of siped shoes??"

I work on a boat.  We are living on our boat this summer.  I wear siped soled shoes.  For those who don't know, 'siped' means lots of little slits in the sole to give you a better grip on slippery surfaces.  I had to use a hard bristled brush, dish soap, and the hose to clean my shoes.

Friday the 13th... while I don't believe in superstition, I do believe in karma.  For the irresponsible dog owners, I hope your dog shits in your shoe today.  :-)


3 comments:

Charlie-Captain's Cat said...

Darn Jim, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel! ;-)

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Hi Charlie,
I'm trying to learn to overcome my shyness. ;-)

Peter J said...

I'm with you Jim. Stepping in dog doo doo is one of my most ha#!% things ever. (I was also told hate is a strong word)

Love your blog. Looking forward to the book. ;)

Peter
C-Dancer