Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy Birthday, America!

236 years old.  Some people say, "America isn't what it used to be."  That's probably true; this nation changes and evolves... today is going to be someone's "good ol' days."  I have some opinions about what would make this country better, but I've never been political here and don't intend to start now.

So, if your idea of a better America isn't the direction you think we are heading, get out there and make a difference.  Support something.  Let your elected officials know that you vote and you're watching them.

The biggest issue I see these days is the entitlement that many folks seem to feel.  If you want something, work for it.  There is a world of difference between those who can't work, and those who avoid (or won't) work.  The government can't give something without taking it from someone else.

I heard a lot of these terms growing up: American ingenuity, American made (with pride), American tradition, and my favorite: the American dream.  I still believe in those things, as I think many do.


No comments: