Wednesday, July 18, 2012

On this day, many years ago...

Today is my birthday.  My sweet little girl called this morning... not the same as being there (anyone remember that old commercial?  Damn, I am getting old.), but it was a very nice start to the day.  Little Isabella "sang" to me.  Joan is making me a nice breakfast.  My friend Roger wished me Happy Birthday on the C-Brats site... here's my response:

Thanks, folks! Very Happy Another work day for me, Joan has the day off. She will celebrate the day by doing laundry. Wink We both have tomorrow off, so we'll extend the celebration one day.

Back when we were really working, Joan would go through our appointment book when the new one arrived and cross off dates for no bookings. She always made sure I got my birthday off... in later years, all the staff got the day off with pay ("In celebration of our aging founder..." Mr. Green ). Back then, we'd go for a motorcycle ride or an overnight sail. These days, with our daughter living half way across the country, we don't make such a big deal out of birthdays... but, I did see some cards - we have a family tradition: one funny card, one mushy.

Little Izzy sang for me this morning... or maybe it was, "Feed me!"?

Today, I think I'll take some new friends out for a boat ride, maybe go look for whales. Cool

Each new day is a good reason for a celebration. Hot

My thanks,
Jim

For those who want to know: I am forty-nineteen. Very Happy




2 comments:

andwilliesaid said...

Dear Forty-Nineteen,

Have a wonderful day tomorrow (and also today)!

ws

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Thanks, Wilma!