Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day...

I've earned a few titles over the years: Master of Photography, CPP, Captain... but the best title of all has been "Dad."  Daddy, when our daughter was younger.  I answer to both.  But, "Daddy" generally means it's going to cost me something these days... time, expertise, or money.

We are a long ways from our lovely daughter this Father's Day, but it made my morning to spend an hour with her on the phone.  She is a lot like me - wears her heart on her sleeve, knows when to care, and when to take charge.  I couldn't be more proud of her and the life she and Dan have made together.

I discovered this along the way: having a daughter makes you a better man.  You want to be the kind of guy that your little girl looks up to.

Stephanie told me it would be a tech kinda Father's Day... my cards came via text message (with images of the cards).  Still got me a little teary-eyed.  The medium may be different, but the sentiment is the same.  We don't have an address to get mail here on the island - this works.

Thank you, Stephanie, for being the best daughter a man could ever hope for.  Thanks, Joan, for making me a Father... Steph and I could not have done this without you.  ;-)


No comments: