Thursday, June 27, 2013

If the rain comes...

... they run and hide their heads.  (Old Beatles song reference)

The start of another rainy day here in the PNW.  I have two trips today, so I'll be out there for about 8 or 9 hours... you can be darn sure I check weather regularly.

Yesterday, the weather was better than forecast for wind and precip, but colder than forecast.  We'll see how the weather weasels do today - the forecast is for this steady drizzle to taper off as the morning progresses... sure hope so.

Joan packed me a lunch (well, two lunches, since I'll be out there over two meal times) before she left this morning; I set Izzy's food timer.  Joan has access to a grocery store close by.

Hard to believe the 4th of July is next week.  It has stayed steady busy, but next week will likely be a zoo - lots of boats in both marinas, and plenty of guests on our boats.  Hope the whales decide to spend the holiday around here.  ;-)

-------------------

On edit: yeah, they lied.  It rained for about half of my 11:00 trip (off and on), and right up to the 3:00 trip.  Colder than predicted.  The wind was supposed to be ENE... it was NNW.

Roche Harbor and Friday Harbor are getting really busy as we close in on the 4th of July holiday.

Driving back to Friday Harbor this evening, I almost committed a federal crime... not intentionally, mind you.  A juvenile bald eagle came swooping across the road, right in front of Big Red's windshield... pretty sure I saw his butt pucker up, and I know mine did.  It is a federal offense to even have an eagle feather in your possession (unless you are a native American)... I wonder what the penalty would be to have a whole bunch of 'em stuck to the front of the truck!! ;-)  I assume he was heading for something along the side of the road... the speed limit is 45, and I am careful to stay at or below the limit.  I'm guessing this juvenile is still flying on a learner's permit. ;-)


No comments: