Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Marina evening...

A look around the marina with the last rays of the day last night...



And, of course, no evening is complete here until you get a photo of the lights on the Parliament Building.  I walked up the ramp at the head of the docks... having spent a lifetime in photography, I know how to pick angles...


While I waited for the light to be precisely right, I watched one of the many buskers at work...


This lady is smart: instead of playing to people walking by, she gathers a crowd by doing some juggling before her real show starts.  Other buskers are playing music, but they don't have this nice overlook for the crowd.  So... you can play for several hours, gathering tips from those passing by... or, work to get a bigger crowd, give 'em a short show, and make even more tips.

OK, back to the photos.  Joan didn't want to go out to wait for the perfect light; she stayed in the boat.  When I got back, I showed her what I shot.  Before I could explain the angles and the timing, she said, "I shot this from the cockpit of the boat with my phone"...


Yeah, that one's OK, too, I guess.  ;-)

No comments: