Monday, June 17, 2013

Perspective again...

Two days off together for us.  We slept in 'till 7:00... with a cover on the hatch in the V-berth, it stays dark in there; an important thing, since there is a LOT of daylight here in the Pacific Northwest this time of year.  Just 4 days to the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year.

If you work in an office, you hope for sunny days on your days off.  Working on a boat, I sure like to see forecasts for sunny days and light winds on work days... it really doesn't matter much to me what the weather is doing on days off, if we aren't traveling somewhere.

No travel plans for these days off.  We had a nice supper out for Father's Day last night.  The bustling crowds in Friday Harbor diminished when the 6:30 ferry departed.

And this morning, the sky is blue and it is beautiful out!




It is absolutely peaceful in the marina this morning.

Little Isabella is enjoying the sunshine and quiet, too...


And, speaking of the little furry girl, when I walked to the office at closing time to pick up Joan, I told her, "I have found the perfect next boat for us."

She said, "I don't want to hear about it."

"You'll agree with me on this one... it is a 42 foot Nordic Tug.  It has a pretty gray trim.  Oh, and the name of it is: Izzy B."

It could be fate.  ;-)

We're going to walk uptown for breakfast out this morning.  Then, a leisurely walk to "the other store"... in the sunshine.  But, right now, we are sitting in the cockpit; Joan has coffee, I have the computer on my lap.  The camperback makes this like a sunroom.  Yeah, I guess I do appreciate weather like this for a day off, too.  ;-)


No comments: