Monday, August 5, 2013

Paybacks...

Remember when your kids were teenagers, you would tell them something, and they would roll their eyes and give you that you-are-so-stupid look?  Yeah, that used to infuriate me.

Our darling daughter is a teacher.  The first school day with kids is tomorrow.  Somewhere along the way, someone is going to give her that look.  Kinda makes you feel all warm inside, doesn't it?

Stephanie isn't a kid anymore.  OK, she hasn't been a kid for a couple decades.  And, she has apologized for "that look" since she has been on the other end of it for over 12 years now.  I'm pretty sure she doesn't do this anymore, or if she does, she is experienced enough to do it when I'm not looking.  ;-)

"So, why are you bringing this up, now?," you're asking.  Well, thank you for asking.  I got that look today.  Grounding her isn't going to help...


I said, "Izzy, do you want to go for a walk?"  And, that's the look I got.  I can't even take her phone away.  Or tell her, "No friends can come over for a week."  (Sigh)

I think my little furry girl is growing up.


No comments: