Friday, August 30, 2013

Signs...

I think, if you are looking for them, there are signs.  Not the "No Parking" or "Please Pick Up After Your Pet" signs - that's too obvious.  When I am out on the water, I watch the sky; it often tells me what to expect.  I watch the water... waves will build when there is wind against current.  If there is a guest on the boat who looks apprehensive as they are boarding, I know to keep an eye on them.

Joan took me out for breakfast this morning... fewer people wandering around town.  This weekend is sure to be busy, then things will begin to taper off.  There are employees who are already done; another sign.  The walkways around the marina haven't had overflow boats tied off.

While walking back to our boat this morning, I saw another sign...


Yeah, that's a sign.  We have followed the autumn colors the past few years.  There are more and more leaves on the sidewalks around the marina.  It's getting to be that time.


No comments: