Saturday, April 19, 2014

And that's Uncle Joe, he's a movin' kinda slow...


At the junction.  Uncle Jim is moving even slower today.

Still, I thought I should get back on that board this morning.  A beautiful day, sunny, almost no wind... yeah, I should get back out there.

I put on some swim trunks and started gathering everything up.  The board still feels solid, but I thought it would be a good idea to check the air pressure - just to be sure.  I put the line with the gauge on the pump and carefully inserted into the valve on the board...

PPSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Well, I'm sure the air pressure is a bit low, now.  I was very careful putting the line into the valve... apparently the other end of the line wasn't snug.  The pressure was down to 9 psi; 10 to 11 is where they recommend.  It's the last couple pounds per square inch that take the most pressure when pumping... so, I got in another good workout before putting the board in the water.

Standing up on the board, I could feel a teensy ache in my feet, legs, shoulders, and stomach... and by teensy, I mean: damn, I should get off this board and go take a nap.

I paddled on.

Up the canal a bit, a young woman was on a balcony overlooking the canal.  I heard her say, "Look at this!"  When I slowly turned (pretty much everything I do on that board is slowly  Wink), she was shooting a video with her phone of me paddling.

I haven't seen anyone else stand up paddling around in the canals, but you see it in the bay frequently.  I guess I'm not the only one who doesn't get out much? 

I didn't cover as much ground (water?) today as yesterday.  It's important to pace yourself.



Roll Eyes

2 comments:

MarkJ said...

Can't wait to see pics of Joan pulling you on the board with the BIG BOAT!!! Something around 20 mph would be pretty exciting for a good you tube video. ;-). When can we expect that?

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

Ohhhh... that sounds interesting. And a good use of the GoPro strapped to my head! ;-)

Expect that... let's see... oh, is that a pig flying?