Thursday, April 17, 2014

Don't leave!! OK, if you're going to leave, don't die!!


Izzy can be dramatic.

After the thunderstorm rolled through, the winds were near calm.  I decided to toss the paddleboard in and get some practice.

Heading away from the dock...


It was close to Izzy's lunch time when I shoved off.  Her reaction...


"Don't go!  Don't go!  You haven't fed me, yet!  Oh my goodness, what if you die on that stupid board?  Momma doesn't feed me as good as you do - I'll starve!!  Don't gooooooooooo!!"


Yep - just a bit dramatic.  ;-)

The paddling went well.  I did a couple laps up and down the canal... and lived... to tell the tale AND feed the cat...


Back to the dock...


Joan asked why I don't make my arrival standing up, then just step up onto the dock.  Yeah, I'm going to have to get more solid on that whole standing thing before I consider lifting one foot off the board.  ;-)

---------------------

After I cleaned up, we went out for a late lunch at our favorite local Italian place.  Great food and some left over for supper tonight.

After lunch, Joan wanted to pick up a few things at the store.  "Don't you think it will be kinda crazy there?" I asked (Holy Week).

It was.  The parking lot looked like the weekend before Christmas.  Almost all the cars had Mexican license plates.  The store was packed... at the risk of not being politically correct, they drive shopping carts the way they drive cars... mayhem!  Kids running all over the place.  Carts left in the middle of aisles... sideways.  Joan went on ahead... "Throw me the bread, I'm going long!"

I think we were the only ones in the store that didn't have a cart that was overflowing - I expected the checkout to take forever, but a checker saw our measly bit in the cart and said, "I'll open this express lane, if you're ready."

"Yes, ma'am!"

Traffic going through town was more like spring break.  And Izzy was worried about me making it back on the paddleboard??


No comments: