Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Chore day...


We're into a routine, now: work for 4, play for 2, get chores done on the last day off.  Laundry, grocery shopping, cleaning... stuff has to get done.  It is also "Take My Honey To Lunch Day."  Sure, we do that on the other play days, but I miss having lunch together on those work days.

Shorts and t-shirts today.  I am loving the warmth.  And the sunshine.  Folks around here sometimes say, "The two months between the 4th of July and Labor Day is the reward we get for the other 10 months."  That ratio is too much like our work schedule last summer.  This season is definitely more fun.  If I lived here year 'round, I would have to be a snowbird.  Having to put on on those layers is a bit like "chore day"... without getting lunch with your Honey.

While Joan was doing laundry, I cleaned up the scooters and the faceshields on our helmets; they do get some bugs around here.  Nothing like the mid-west, but I was glad to have that faceshield the last couple days.  While working on the scooters, one of the other liveaboards came over... "That is a sharp-looking red.  What'll that do, about 35 or 40 miles per hour?"

He was obviously used to the rental mopeds around here.  "Oh, they will do 65," I said, "Maybe a little more."  As usual, a discussion about "What kind, how fast, how much, what kind of mileage?"  People always say, "Oh, a Honda!" with a nod of approval when you tell them who makes it.

The young ones today don't remember the ad campaign from the 60s: "You meet the nicest people on a Honda."  ;-)



No comments: