Monday, July 7, 2014

Ewwwwwwww...


I don't think I am easily grossed out.  Wild Blue's holding tank is getting full - no, that's not the gross part.  We know we have to pump out once a week or so.  This morning, I walked over to the floating rest room that isn't far from our boat (another plus about the slip we are in).  There are no shower facilities in that rest room, but there was a guy "cleaning up" at the sink... washing hair, flailing water around all over the sink counter.  No, that's not the gross part, either - when I went to wash my hands, I saw his toothbrush laying bristles down on that counter.

Ewwwwww!

Joan had her coffee out in the cockpit this morning.  While she was making breakfast, Izzy and I sat out there.  With the camperback and eisenglass, it is like a sunroom.  Izzy was sitting on one of the built-in seats, watching the people and dogs walk by on the main dock.  And then, the chattering began: she saw a fly.  She locked in on it like a lazer-beam, chattering the whole time.  I said to her, "You're kinda giving away your intentions - just go get it, already!"

She looked at me; well, a quick glance, 'cause she needed to stay focused on her flying prey.  She then did the "one step, pause" dance, as she moved in.  Really?  Does that work?  Chattering all the while.  She lunged at the fly, but it was (not surprisingly) ready for her, and easily escaped.  She followed it all around the cockpit, but didn't make a second lunge at it.  As the fly went past me, I swatted it and took it out of the air.  The badly injured fly wriggled on the cockpit floor.  Izzy looked at me with admiration in her eyes (I'm going with: "Daddy, you are such a great hunter!"), then did her "one step, pause" dance as she moved in on the fly.

She sniffed at it; it clung to her nose.  She flipped her head around and it fell off.  The end was near.  Izzy sniffed at it again, then... chomp.  She doesn't eat stuff she finds on the floor; she is not a "chewer."  I saw her do this a couple years ago with a fly, and the result was the same: she looked like a little kid who just bit into a lemon for the first time.  Maybe it is instinct?

I'm guessing that fly-breath isn't any worse than cat-food breath.

Ewwwwwww!

--------------------

Day off today.  It was nice to lounge in.  There will be some scootering today, but just fun riding around this island.  Later.  Right now, kicking back feels good.


No comments: