Monday, August 25, 2014

Oh what a beautiful morning...


It is the first of our days off.  We slept in this morning... it was after 6:00 when I first stirred.  I looked outside - clear skies, with the sun just beginning to peek over Brown Island (it has moved further to the south in the last few weeks).  No fog; a refreshing change.

I took a leisurely shower and set up chairs in the cockpit.  Coffee and hot chocolate, with morning pastries.  No rushing around to get on a ferry or needing to be anywhere at a set time.  I turned on the satellite radio to listen to The Today Show.  Laid back mornings in the cockpit are a delight.

Joan said those words I love to hear: "The Dow is up this morning."

Little Izzy joined us in the cockpit and did a short "walk about" on the dock (never leaving our sight).

It was a very busy week at work, and I am truly enjoying no schedule.


No comments: