Saturday, August 9, 2014

So, you probably knew this...


I don't like to cook.  I am not a good cook.  Oh, I can grill steaks and burgers, but I really don't care to prep meals and add spices or worry about what goes with what.  Joan, on the other hand, is a great cook - she can have 8 things going at the same time, and they all are done at just the right time.  Seriously, if I open a can of soup, it doesn't taste as good as when she opens a can of soup.  I know my limitations.

I am good at eating her cooking!

Well, my Honey hard boiled some eggs so I could make something quick for breakfast on the days she goes in really early.  Generally, I am more about taking a walk uptown and getting a breakfast sandwich... it's good for the economy... good for my belly.

This morning, I thought I'd make a simple egg sandwich: a toasted English muffin, cheese, butter, and I'd heat up one of the hard boiled eggs.  Now, before you go getting ahead of me, I know you can't microwave an egg in its shell (without poking a hole in it or something like that).  No, I knew enough to take the shell off the hard boiled egg before I put it in the microwave.

Well, apparently, you can't just put a hard boiled egg in the microwave without doing something to it.  Damned if I know what that something is.  20 seconds on the microwave barely warmed it.  I put it back in for another 15 seconds.  15 seconds - really, I just wanted it a little warmer.  It must have been a mad-bomber egg, 'cause it blew up in the microwave.  Hey, it was an already cooked (and de-shelled, if that is a word) egg - who knew you can't just toss it in there and heat it up.  Well, you can do that - there is just more clean up involved.

The sandwich was fine.  Not worth the amount of work the project took.

I am the house-husband when the Blonde goes to work early: I do the dishes and pick up around the boat.  I put water on.  I feed Izzy (she likes my cooking).  Some mornings, Izzy gets a guitar concert (she likes that).  And this morning, I cleaned up blown-up egg.

I think I'll just have toast tomorrow.


No comments: