Thursday, October 9, 2014

Settling in...


It isn't a "dry heat"... it is hot and humid.  Joan said it was a refreshing change that we needed jackets while in Kansas.  This ain't Kansas, Toto.

I'm making up for lost time: playing guitars and soaking in the jacuzzi tub.  With no schedule.  I could get used to this.  Oh, I know we have some things that need attention with the house, but our builder won't be back here for a couple days.

Lunch out was a delight today: BurgerFi.  Very satisfying for this meat-eating guy.  Then, off to the store for groceries (don't go to the grocery store on an empty stomach).  My highlight there: limes, 10 for a dollar.  They were a dollar apiece in Friday Harbor... 'cause "it's an island."  ;-)  Maybe limes are more "in season" right now?

While at the store, I got a call from another RV salesman that we visited with in Phoenix.  Since we didn't buy anything this last trip out, he called us at a good time.  He is "working up a deal that you will be very happy with.  I'll call you back in about 45 minutes."

We'll see.


2 comments:

MarkJ said...

And how good was the "deal"?

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

There was some discussion. No price discussed, yet. Seems we had to educate the sales manager of one of the country's biggest RV dealers about the options available on this particular model. I did my homework. They seem like decent folks, and I understand when you deal with dozens of brands and hundreds of models, you can't know everything about each one. Not sure where they'll come in on this, but I know what theirs should sell for and what ours is worth. I am amazed that they can do something like this over the phone. Well, try to do this over the phone. ;-)