Wednesday, October 8, 2014

You don't know what you've got 'till it's gone...


Nothing to do with paving paradise and putting up a parking lot.

We were wiped last night.  The 2,000 or so miles we've covered in the past 8 days wasn't particularly tiring.  Nor was talking with salesmen and looking at RVs.  The thing that left us tired: putting away the 5th wheel in the heat and humidity.  Moving stuff.  Again.  Getting the house opened up.  Again.  We need to go out to the storage unit to clean up the 5th wheel and get the rest of our stuff out of it, but it is going to be hot and humid again today.  We decided we needed "a day off."

The plan: sleep in, then lounge around the house this morning.  Take a long, leisurely soak in the jacuzzi tub.  Then, maybe go out for a late lunch.

Just before 9:30, there was a knock at our door.  Joan said, "It's probably the guy who trims the palm trees."  He seems to have a sixth sense about knowing when we roll in and comes by (usually while we are still unloading) to see if we want the tall palm tree out front trimmed.  Nope - it was one of our security guys.

He said, "Sorry to bother you, but I wanted to let you know that the water will be off from 9:30 this morning until around noon."

"What time is it right now?" I asked.

"About 9:29 - sorry for the short notice."

I ran some water in the tub, Joan finished the dishes and put a glass of water by each of our sinks so we could brush our teeth.  You get used to turning the handle and water comes out of the faucet.  At least, we had some short advance notice.

This certainly got us going this morning.  Still doesn't mean I want to go out in the heat and humidity any more than I have to today.  (It was 81º and very humid when I got up around 7:00 this morning.)  I thought I might get my paddle board out and take a refreshing morning jaunt this morning... nope; I'm going to have to acclimate a bit more first.  ;-)

The air conditioning sure feels good, though.


No comments: