Thursday, May 28, 2015

House husband...


As I watched Joan head out in the fog this morning...


... I went over my list of things to do today... breakfast, yeah, that should probably be first... wash dishes, good to do after breakfast... dump the gray tank, I'm definitely seeing an order here - do this after doing the dishes... wash the motorhome.  It was a chilly start to the day.  Best to do the coach washing after the sun warms things up.

By 8:30, the sun was starting to burn off the fog.  Well, inland; no idea what it looks like on the water.  As long as I don't have to try to find whales in the fog, I think it is prettier on the water than on land.

I made some breakfast without setting off the smoke detector.  Washed and dried the dishes, then opened the back storage of the Aspect, where the macerator pump switch is located.  This storage area is also where I keep my washing supplies.

Izzy got to be outside while I went to work... haven't had a chance to wash the motorhome since we arrived - plenty of road grime and squished bugs that need to come off.

I figured it would take me a couple hours to get this project done.  I have a system: start on the shady side with the hosing and scrubbing - it takes longer to dry than the sunny side.  By the time I get all around the coach with the scrubbing, I can start with the sunny side for wiping it down.

A lotta bugs on the front of this thing...


Scrubbing...


Hosing...


More scrubbing...


Even with a long brush, it helps to get a little height to reach the part over the cab...


In the end, it took all of that "couple hours" to make her look all shiny again.  As long as I had everything out, I scrubbed down the cargo trailer, too.

I am wondering when the "soap operas and chocolate bon-bons" part of this house husband stuff starts?  Now that I think about it, I am pretty sure I signed on as "trophy husband"... I think the duties are lighter.


No comments: