Friday, June 3, 2016

They're everywhere!


Yesterday, we took Dan to lunch - Steph had another day of training.  Today, we took Stephanie to lunch - Dan had to work.

It is hot... last time I checked today, it was 113º.  If someone says, "Yeah, but it's a dry heat," I am going to punch them in the throat.

We did some moving of stuff from the CRV to the cargo trailer this morning, before cleaning up... it was already 91º at 9:00.

Before picking Steph up for lunch, we made a trip to the grocery store - starting our stocking up, with things that won't spoil in this heat.  When we came out to our car, there were 6 CR-Vs in the immediate vicinity in the parking lot, two more in line with ours...


Since getting ours, I learned it is "the number one selling SUV in the US."  We certainly see them frequently, being towed behind motorhomes.

Our for lunch at Tailgaters... the home of the best deep fried cheese curds I've ever had.  Oh, and we had other food, too.

Then, a couple shopping stops - the first for me: I wanted some armored mesh pants to wear on the scoot... cool, but protective, with armor in the knees and hips, and a denier fabric in other strategic places.  Joan found a mesh jacket with armor... in pink.  It is WAY too hot to even consider getting the scoots out here, but this gear will be good to have when we can ride again.

From there, it was off to Home Depot to pick up some stuff for Steph and Dan's house.  We'll have a couple projects to do before we head out.

In honor of National Donut Day, we stopped at Krispy Kreme, because I am patriotic like that... Joan and I waited in the car while Steph went inside.  Imagine my disappointment when she came out empty handed... "There are 22 people ahead of me in line.  Nope."

We dropped her off at home, then back to the motorhome.  Mostly to check on Izzy in this heat - all is good; the a/c is working its heart out to keep up.

I don't know if it was Joan or Steph's idea, but we are playing BINGO tonight.  Pretty sure it is "my turn" to win something.  Hope their air conditioning is working.


No comments: