Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Baby, it's cold outside...


Nah, that song is almost in the public domain, so no trivia guessing or bonus points.  The weather weasels have been talking about "the cold front" that blue in.  It was 76º when I got up this morning; after some light on and off rain, it was down to 73º by late afternoon.  Brrrrrrrrrrr!  We drove without the a/c on for the first time since we got back.

I realize I am tempting fate by poking fun of the cold front weather reporting.  This is the Tropical Tip (sub-tropical climate at 26º latitude), but there will be some chilly weather as we approach the winter months.  That is a matter of perspective.

Seems that it has been warmer than usual here since we got back.  Cooler, within reason, will be welcome.

While grocery shopping today, Joan pointed out some children's stocking caps and gloves on display.  I watched as two young girls tried them on... they were nearly giddy with the prospect that they may get to wear a stocking cap and gloves.  Kids these days!  ;-)

I heard there is some kind of election or something happening today.  Yeah, we did our part a couple weeks ago.  I am hoping this will put the nastiness of this Presidential campaign behind us... but, it probably won't.  I am hopeful that politicians will work together for the good of the American people... but, they probably won't.

Joan and I were talking about how this election has polarized people more than usual, but they seem more interested in the process.  More people watched the debates.  People seemed to have been more vocal about their candidate, even though very few minds were changed.

We will watch the election coverage tonight, then I may take some time off from the news for a while.  It will be a good to get some time on the water again.


3 comments:

Hudson River Boater said...

Ya-- Something about Politics happened..

More important though-- Pictures from your first Pontoon Ride..

Hudson River Boater said...

I'll guess that will be tomorrow..

Captain Jim and the Blonde said...

You can be sure I will post some photos. May not be right away, though, depending on Mother Nature.