Friday, August 17, 2018

More solo...


Joan had some stuff around the coach she wanted to do, I was looking to do some highway riding.  So, off solo for me today.  My end goal was to ride through Spearfish to see what all has changed since the last time we were there (several years ago).

I decided to ride Nemo Road all the way to Highway 385...





From Nemo Road, north on Highway 385; you can tell by the billboards that your getting close to Deadwood and Lead...



Turning left to go through Lead, you can see the reclamation done on the hillside when the gold mine shut down...


Not a lot of businesses in downtown Lead since Homestake gold mine closed...



Over the road that is close to the summit of Terry Peak...



Turn right at Cheyenne Crossing to ride through Spearfish Canyon...



I stopped at Latchstring Inn to hydrate and walk a bit...


Something you don't see everyday: the Vespa without the PCX.  ^^

Enjoying the scenery in Spearfish Canyon...







Spearfish was our home for 20 years - it was interesting to ride through town to see what has changed...


Plenty, as it turns out.  New buildings, new homes - town looks good.  Yes, I am biased, but I've always felt Spearfish is the prettiest town in the Black Hills.  Some new buildings in downtown...





From Spearfish, I stopped for gas, then rode the Interstate most of the way back to Rapid City.  The Vespa isn't what I'd call a "road bike," but it does a decent job, not being a road hazard to other traffic.  ;-)

About 150 miles today, a nice mix of highway and some twisties for the fun of it.


No comments: