Monday, November 25, 2013

It's not even Thanksgiving...


... but the house is all full of good cooking smells!

It's another cold, windy, yucky (technical meteorological term) day - day 3 of this norther.  Yes, I watch national news, I know other parts of the country are WAY worse off.

One of the good side effects of this weather is having a wife who always needs something to do.  She made (home-made) chili for lunch, and is currently working on a chocolate cake.  Not sure if Izzy will beat me to getting to lick the beaters... no, no, chocolate is not good for cats!  I must protect my little furry girl!  Ah, the sacrifices I am willing to make.

I suggested a trip to Bass Pro Shop... you know, just to get out of the house.  "Tomorrow!"  OK, so we have a plan.

;-)

-------------

On edit:  the cake turned out to be mini-cakes... not really cupcakes, but about that size.  Devils food chocolate cake, a creamy middle made from cream cheese, whipped cream, and crushed Oreos, and a chocolate frosting.  And it was still warm!

DAMN!  I love this cold weather!!

No comments: