Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father's Day...

Happy Father's Day. For only about the 4th time in the past 38 years, I didn't get to see my little girl on Father's Day. But, I did get to talk to her twice. Once when we were out on Elk Island for the breakfast cruise (we get cell coverage there), and the second time after I got off work and got back to the HitchHiker where our Wilson Sleek did its job getting a good phone signal.

Lots of cheerful folks on the cruise boat today. The weather was beautiful right up until the last 20 minutes on the sunset cruise... and the the wind blew like stink. Waves on the stern made for some sloppy steering and a LOT of input from the helm. I described it as: having to do push-ups for 20 minutes straight... and the end of a long day. It was nice to come home and be adored by my wife and kitty in person and my little girl (only 38 years old) long distance.

Hope your day was eventful in a fun kinda way.

No comments: