Friday, June 11, 2010

Dinner Cruise...

It was one of my long days today. We started out by training 1st mates on Man-Overboard and fire drills, then I drove each of the cruises. The highlight of the day was taking my lovely wife along on the dinner cruise tonight. Much like the photos I posted earlier of the breakfast cruise, the meal offerings are: steak, trout, potatoes, beans, corn, salads, garlic toast, drink options, and blueberry cobbler for dessert.

I wondered if Mother Nature would cut us some slack, since the forecast was for a 50% chance of thunderstorms... but, she was kind. It was a bit cloudy, but the wind held off until the ride back and we didn't get rained on.

My first mate, Mikey, took this photo of Joan and me after the dinner...


We had a full boat of guests aboard, and they were a fun bunch. I let several of the kids take a turn at the wheel and gave them "Junior Cruise Boat Captain" cards. It was a treat to let Joan see what I do all day.

No comments: