Saturday, June 5, 2010

Rainy Days and Fridays...

It's been a rainy couple of days. Yesterday we did a couple "scenic" cruises in rain and low visibility; at times, most of the mountains were obscured. We did see a bald eagle near its nest on one trip. Mother Nature always makes the rules, and the last scenic cruise and dinner cruise were canceled... no fun eating in the rain.

I was up at 5:30 this morning to get ready for the breakfast cruise. Yep, still raining. I heard the marina manager calling the island food crew to cancel the trip, so no early morning run for me. Lighter rain predicted for the rest of the day, so we'll see how it all plays out.

---------------------

The rain let up enough to have a 10:30 cruise, but the manager asked if I'd work on the list of boat stuff to be done. Sure. I wired, tightened, adjusted... there are a few things left to be done, but we are waiting for stuff to come in. I took the 3:30 cruise so the other captain would get a break, and I was off by 5:30. It was a "short" day for me, but my back didn't feel like it got any kind of a break today. ;-)

No comments: